Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wednesday is Pink, Because it's Complicated

I am a late night thinker. Sometimes I stay awake in my bed, after all the lights are out in the house, and I just think. It’s honestly where a lot of my songs come from. Nighttime is when I come alive in my head. I can actually be a really thick person, and miss the totally obvious sitting right in front of my face, so I wouldn’t call myself brilliant, or smart or anything. I’m just creative. I think differently than anyone else does. Let me give you an example.

What color is Monday? Yeah, you read that right. What color is Monday? I’ll tell you what color Monday is. It’s an olive green. On the darker side. Tuesday is yellow. A happy color. Wednesday is pink, because it’s complicated. Thursday is brown because it’s usually boring. Friday is grey, in between black and white, those spots that are uncertain. Saturday is red, an exciting and vibrant color. And Sunday is, of course, white.

Did you know that numbers also have colors? Oh yeah, they totally do. 2 is blue. 3 is red. 5 is orange. 10 is light blue. 12 is like a rosy pink. 16 is purple. Those are just a few. Obviously, some numbers have the same color, because duh… there are a lot of numbers.

I think there’s a name for people like me, but the name is escaping me at the moment. I think in color. Some people think strictly in personalities. I don’t think that way as much as colors, but I do assign personalities to letters and numbers. I also think in genders (No, I am not sexist), AND I add a mean/nice aspect. I guess mean/nice is sort of related to personalities, but it’s more like the flavor of said number. Or letter.

D is green, but he’s also a mean letter. I think of Ds with angry eyebrows. G is orange, and a good letter. He’s nice. N is light green, a girl, and she’s perky. What to do with the mean/nice aspect? I really don’t know. It’s just how I perceive stuff.

I actually didn’t realize how strange it was to think like this until pretty recently. I realized it one day when someone was talking about Wednesday, and I said something about Wednesday being pink. This was probably within the last 5 years or so. The people I was conversing with stopped and stared at me like I was crazy. I was like, “What? Wednesday isn’t pink?” Not that I doubted myself, because I KNOW Wednesday is pink. Lol. But I was just trying to figure out what was wrong. They honestly had no idea what I was talking about. I asked them what color their Wednesdays were, and they looked concerned for my mental health. It never occurred to me that not everyone thinks in color. Now, whenever I find people who think the same way I do, I give them a huge high-five. It’s actually pretty rare. Which makes it that much MORE awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment